If your payment fails on Springerlink because the credit card is rejected, please follow the below steps:
- Please check your credit card details.
- Did you choose the correct card type? Is your credit card number correct?
- For your safety, every payment is verified and fraudulent transactions are rejected. In rare cases, a valid payment may be blocked. This process is initiated by your credit card company, and not by Springer Nature. To resolve the issue, you will need to contact your card issuer. If the problem persists, please try another credit card or use PayPal, if possible.
- After entering your credit card details, you may be asked for an additional "SecureCode" or "NetCode". This is an added safety service provided by your credit card issuer. For any inquiry concerning these services, please contact them directly. After entering the code you will be directed to the order confirmation page.
- For each credit card payment - even rejected payments - a payment reference no. i.e. PRF-XXX-9XX, will be displayed to the customer. Should you have any questions concerning the payment or should you have doubts that the credit card got charged multiple times, please Contact us by email including the payment reference number provided. For security purposes, please do not include your credit card number in any email correspondence.